It’s July 4th weekend and the people of North Carolina are flocking like seagulls to the coast! My beach bag stays at the ready and inside I always have my go-to favorites. Below is a sneak peek of what you can find in my bag on any given day. Tell me, what’s in yours?
- Sun hat: A wide brimmed monogrammed sun hat is on any Southern girl’s list. We have to be able to read our books and unsuspiciously check out the eye candy on the beach. Plus, it cuts down on the sun reaching our face and forgoes those future age spots, sun spots and wrinkles.
- Good book: I’ve been a fan of Emily Giffin’s work since her first novel, Something Borrowed. Giffin has the skillful tact of creating characters you can identify with and scenarios to which you can relate. I’ve read each of her novels and I must say her latest, First Comes Love, is one of my favorites. The tale of two thirty-something sisters, this novel digs deep into the depths of love, self-worth and the ability to make one’s own happiness.
- Sunscreen: Avoiding sun damage is a must! Coppertone has joined my family in the sun for decades. In fact, it’s the only sunscreen I’ll use. Lightweight, oil free and dermatologist recommended, it protects my skin every time. Whatever sunscreen you choose to use, make sure it finds a place in your beach bag!
- Sunglasses: A Southern staple, Raybans find a way to tag along with me everywhere I go. Sleek and sophisticated, they coordinate well with those sun hats and swimsuits.
- Hydration: It’s hot out there! Water is a sidekick, but I love to add a little flavor. Crystal Light’s Raspberry Green Tea is my current obsession. Sprinkle a packet in your water bottle, shake and drink up!
- Snacks: All that ocean swimming works up an appetite. Kashi Chewy Granola bars are a healthy snacking option I adore. Dark Mocha Almond is a tasty delight to keep me full till dinnertime.
- Nana’s Necklace: Who says you can’t have some pizzazz by the pool? My beloved Nana always wore this giant shell necklace during summertime soirees. A true statement piece and conversation starter, I’ve carried on her tradition of wearing this shell out and about. Find something that brings you joy, adds some sparkle to your attire, and saunter out for summertime fun!
What’s in your bag? I want to hear your go-to items and recommendations!